*Scroll down the page for Property, House, and Road Questions as well as Miscellaneous Topics.  For further information on Park County, State of Colorado, Special Districts and more, please refer to our “Links” page.


Q.  Is HPMD an HOA?
A.  No.  HPMD is a special district.  The HPMD special district is a government entity primarily concerned with managing water within the district.  HPMD does have a VOLUNTARY membership fee.  (see next question)

Q:  What is the annual HPMD VOLUNTARY community fee?
A$50 per household.  This fee is required if purchasing fishing badges,  renting the community center building, and water access.  This fee goes toward operating costs of the District such as community center propane (for heat), community center electricity, purchasing fish to stock the lakes, and much more.  This fee does not provide your residence with any extra services.

Q:  What are the fishing regulations?
A:  Please refer to the “Fishing Page” for rules, regulations and application for fishing in our lakes.

Q:  Is the community center available for rental?
A:  Yes. Please refer to the application on the “Forms” page for the rental fees.  Fees must be paid prior to renting the community center.  Please contact the administrator for further details about community center rental.

Q:  Does the community center have regular business hours?
A:  No. The community center is empty except when there are scheduled meetings and activities.  The best way to reach the district is via email at harrisparkinfo@gmail.com or via message phone 303-816-7259.

Q:  Who do I talk to about boarding a horse at the community corral?
A:  Contact the horse commissioner.  Please refer to the “Horse Corral” page for information on boarding horses.


Q:  Who do I contact for questions on personal wells, septic systems
and building permits.
A:  As HPMD is NOT an HOA, we abide by the laws and regulations 
of Park County.  Please contact them.

Q:  How do I get a key to my new mailbox?
A:  Contact the US Postal Service for all mailbox issues.

Q:  Does HPMD have trash service?
A:  No.  Contact a local trash company and arrange for service to your property.  You are responsible for the cost of trash removal.  Please note HPMD is an area populated with bears and other wildlife- keep your trash secured until the day of trash removal.  You are responsible for cleaning up your scattered trash due to animals or wind.

Q:  Who is responsible to maintain the roads in HPMD?
A:  Park County Road and Bridge Department.  If you have questions or issues with your road, you must contact them (719-836-4277).  The HPMD sought public input regarding roads back in 2007.  At that time Harris Park residents voted down a plan to raise taxes to pay for HPMD to take care of road maintenance.  

Q:  I would like to keep livestock (horses, chickens, etc.) on my property.  What are the rules about livestock on property?
A:  Harris Park is subject to Park County zoning as well as land use regulations.  Please contact Park County for information about animals and required space.  Harris Park does not have any rules separate from county rules.

Q:  My neighbors have a bunch of junk piled up around their property. Will HPMD force them to clean up their property?A:  No.  Harris Park Metro does not have any jurisdiction regarding land usage.  Please contact Park County.


Q:  Does HPMD own the cell phone tower called the Harris Park  
A:  No.  This tower is located between the Deer Creek Valley Ranchos  subdivision and HPMD.  It is privately owned and the individual who owns it has chosen to name it the Harris Park Tower.  HPMD has no affiliation with or information about this cell tower.

Q:  Who is in charge of the shooting range behind HPMD?
A:  The shooting range is located within Pike National Forest.  Pike National Forest is managed by the US Forest Service.  Any closures or issues with the shooting range should be directed to the Forest Service.

Q:  Why is the road into the forest sometimes closed?  (Road and gate behind Flora Pond)
A:  HPMD does not have any jurisdiction over the gate being open or closed.  Please direct any questions about the gate and/or the road into the forest to the US Forest Service.

Q:  How can I obtain copies of HPMD records?
A:  Under the Colorado Open Records Act (CORA), most public records are to made available to the public.  Information can be requested by completing the CORA request form on the “Forms” page.

Q:  Can personal vehicles and/or equipment vehicles be stored on HPMD Property?
A:  Unfortunately no, because of liability reasons.  Personal vehicles and/or equipment must be parked/stored on resident’s property.  Harris Park does have the right to have personal vehicles and/or equipment removed from Harris Park property at the owner’s expense.  There are notices posted on our community boards.  We have contracted with Bailey Towing 303-838-4464.